Tuesday 23 April 2019

Learning Japanese

The other week Mikey and I were cleaning out the room we use for teaching. I
was surprised at how many Japanese language books I have.  Most I have
had for a few years but they still look new.  Buying books doesn't mean
learning anything!
I thought about my attempts at learning Japanese and one thing that  I have realised is that I have
tried to do it by myself. I've never been to any classes or asked for help!
So when I got stuck or couldn't understand anything I would give up. There are somethings that I
can do by myself like learning how to write hiragana, katagan and kanji.  I watch Hannah
and see how much she practises for her kanji tests, he spends hours writing out the same
kanji until she has memorised it.  I think that is the only way to do it.
But other areas I need help, reading and grammar are confusing, having somebody to sit
with me and help me out would be a big help!  So I am going to ask my kids for help!
I need to do better in this!


Just a few of my Japanese books

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Halloween Party

 This week is Halloween party week.  Not doing anything big, people are still worried about corona!   The first party was last Saturday.  (2...